Over the next few weeks we will be sharing some of our favorite tools with all of you. Take a look at our favorite online mechanical engineering calculators and let us know what you think!
- Onlineconversion.com: This site claims to help you “convert just about anything to anything else”...and it delivers. They offer thousands of conversions and millions of units. There really isn’t much you would need to convert that you can’t convert here.
- Calculator Edge: This is a clear, simple site with a mechanical engineering calculator section. There are dozens of buttons that allow you to click through to simple calculators for strain, pressure, metal weight, and more.
- AmesWeb: A handy site containing stress, tooling, physics, screw thread calculators and more. The site is a bit dense, but the navigation bar on the right side makes it easy to quickly find the calculator that you need.
- Engineer’s Edge: Engineer's Edge calculators are among the best we've found. There are lots of great ones here including ones for gear design, welding, beam deflection, GD&T tolerances and more.
- EEWeb: If you’re looking for an online calculator that looks and performs like a hand-held calculator, you can find it here. It supports many advanced features, including unit conversion, equation solving, and even complex-number math.
#6 (Bonus) MatWeb: The popular materials site is also home to a wide variety of calculators in addition to thousands of materials spec sheets.
These are all excellent choices to consider when you are looking for the best engineering calculators. Whether you are looking to calculate beam deflection, bending stress, or something else, make sure to check out the resources above.