In this on-demand webinar, special guest Tim Simpson, Director of Penn State University's Graduate Program for Additive Manufacturing & Design, discusses how to approach additive manufacturing through purpose-built design. Together with Xometry’s Director of Application Engineering, Greg Paulsen, Professor Simpson tackles design scenarios in a conversational panel discussion. He shows designers and engineers what additive manufacturing can (and can’t!) do, and how to move from restrictive replications of traditionally manufactured designs to those that enable the design freedoms afforded by additive manufacturing.
Watch the webinar now:
Key Points in the webinar:
- Brief introduction to additive manufacturing and Xometry's AM services
- Rapid prototyping vs. additive manufacturing in product development
- Industry perspectives on additive manufacturing by Tim Simpson
- How companies can approach purpose-built design when using additive manufacturing
- Design scenarios and challenges people face when trying to use additive manufacturing
Ready to get a 3D printing quote? Get an instant quote now.