We’re always striving to make the design and manufacturing cycle easier to manage. Now, for the first time, you can access the Xometry experience seamlessly within SOLIDWORKS.
- Instantly price your design without leaving SOLIDWORKS
- Feedback on how to best make your parts
- Transparent and instant lead time estimation
- Select from our wide range of processes including 3D Printing, Sheet Metal, and CNC Milling with over 200 materials
- Add notes and drawings to further specify your part features, finishes, and tolerances
- Order your custom part in one click
- Save time working in one integrated CAD workspace
- Adjust part based on manufacturability analysis to avoid potential fabrication issues
- Insight into pricing, lead-times, and manufacturability impacts for materials and processes
- Re-quote directly in SOLIDWORKS to explore design iterations
- Access our manufacturability resources, guidelines and knowledge base
Shout out to our Beta participants!
Special thanks again to many of our customers who participated in the beta program that helped make this Add-In project come to life!
- If you’re interested in any future beta programs, let us know!
- If you are not a SOLIDWORKS user, let us know what you prefer to use here and we’ll work towards a solution for you too.
- Download and install the Add-In from xometry.com/solidworks-add-in.
- Open the Add-In inside the SOLIDWORKS Task Pane, and log in using your Xometry account or quickly create a new account.
- Open up a part or create a new one, then click on “Add Part to Quote” to get an instant quote with a price and lead time.
- Review the provided manufacturability feedback and modify your design if needed.
- Choose from over 200 materials, or narrow down the materials list by selecting from 8 manufacturing processes.
- Specify any special features like tolerances, threads, inserts, roughnesses, or weld joints for your part.
- Select your surface finish.
- Add notes and attach any drawings, sketches, or documents to clarify requirements for your custom part.
- Add and quote additional parts as relevant.
- Review your quote and order with one click! You will have a chance to review your order again at checkout.