Xometry Product Release Notes
At Xometry, we're continuously growing and developing our platform to provide the most robust custom manufacturing experience available. See what’s new with Xometry’s products and services, all in one simple-to-navigate space.
The way you can receive your Sheet Cut parts has been expanded with three new options! Regarding sheet parts, Xometry set a quality standard involving removing vestigial tabs, deburring, and surface cleanup by default. While many customers appreciated the effort, it did result in more work being done, which led to higher pricing compared to not doing those steps. Now, customers have several new part processing options to choose from, allowing them to cut costs on their sheet-cut parts.
These additional choices allow customers to precisely control the level of processing their cut sheet parts receive, from leaving the parts tabbed to the source sheet to the same level of cleanup Xometry has maintained. You can learn more about each option in detail in our FAQ article.
- Added a "De-tab and Deburr" section to the part configuration page in the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®
- Added "As Cut," "Separated," "Separated with Tabs Removed," and "Separated with Basic Surface Cleanup" to the sheet cutting menu
- Added logic for when post-processing finishes (e.g., Anodize) are applied, the selection is locked and defaulted to "Separated with Basic Surface Cleanup"
We've made some adjustments to how CNC tolerances are applied within the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine. This update helps remove ambiguity, clarifies our standards, and introduces a new choice for customers looking for tolerances tighter than +/- 0.001".
- Added "tighter tolerances" checkbox to CNC tolerance section within the quoting menu
- Added clarification language under "Locations"
- Added Tighter than +/- 0.001" as a selectable tolerance band option
- Added manual quotation trigger for parts requiring greater than +/- 0.001" tolerances
Aerospace engineers can now receive instant pricing for USA-made, AS9100-certified parts. Upload your CAD file, configure your part, and select "AS9100 Certified" from the "Certificates and Supplier Qualifications" options. This builds upon our update in September, which added AS9100 to the menu; however, now pricing updates in real-time instead of requiring manual intervention.
- Selecting "AS9100 Certified" no longer triggers the manual-quotation workflow.
- Updated pricing logic for AS9100 Certified orders to enable automatic quoting.
We are proud to add a new product to Xometry's offerings: Teamspace! We've learned that customers yearned for more collaboration tools within our platform, and Teamspace is here to answer that call. Teamspace is a collaborative workspace within your Xometry account that gives you and your team members quick and easy access to quotes, order placement, part statuses, tracking information, and more.
Use Teamspace to share quote and order details, execute team orders, check line item statuses on open orders, find shipment tracking numbers, and more! Best of all, this update is free to use; all you need to do is log in to your Xometry account to get started. Visit our Teamspace page to learn more.
The quoting experience from the Xometry website homepage has been updated. In addition to quickly starting an instant quote from the homepage, visitors can now start RFQs for "High-Volume Production" and "Full Product Lifecycle" projects. The new tab interface of the quoting module allows easy access to these quoting options.
Calling out orders that require AS9100 certification is now easier than ever before. Users can now find "AS9100 Certified" as an option under the "Certificates and Supplier Qualifications" section when configuring and quoting their parts. At this time, a manual quotation will be required to finalize quotes requiring AS9100 certification.
- Gave users the ability to select "AS9100 Certified" when configuring a quote.
- Added trigger for manual quotation required when "AS9100 Certified" is selected.
Our web development team added a new element to the navigation menu for a better user experience. Now, when visiting Xometry's website, visitors will have a "Sign In" button in the upper right corner of the page. When a user is signed into the website, a drop-down menu with their account name will be displayed instead.
Logged-in users can use the drop-down menu to navigate to their quotes, orders, Workcenter (for suppliers), account settings, and more. Providing quicker and easier access to these account-specific pages will result in a smoother experience.
- Gave users the ability to sign in to their accounts from anywhere on www.xometry.com
- Gave signed-in users the ability to navigate directly to the following pages from anywhere on www.xometry.com :
- User dashboard
- Workcenter (supplier only)
- Quotes page
- Orders page
- Parts library page
- Account settings
- Referral page
Our product team has launched an initiative to help our corporate users stay informed about account-level quoting defaults. Previously when default certification and inspection options were enabled for a user, visibility was limited. Now these default settings are more visible thanks to UI updates to the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®.
The defaults typically apply to all quotes created by/on behalf of the accounts’ users. In cases when the quotes don’t need those defaults, customers can benefit from lower prices and faster lead times.
Users can now:
- View their account defaults, including Certifications and Inspections, on their Quote Summary Page.
- Learn more about what settings and why have been applied to their quote.
- Easily customize their quote and discover how defaults impact the cost and timeline of their project.
Note: Account defaults are only visible to users who have had them enabled. If you are interested in company defaults, please get in touch with your account representative.
We are excited to announce that we are now offering Nexa3D's Lubricant Sublayer Photo-curing (LSPc®) technology in the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®! This new process addition marks our 9th unique additive manufacturing technology we provide with automatic quoting. Along with LSPc® comes a dozen new photopolymer resins ranging from end-use rigid composites, rubber-like elastomers, and specialty options.
Check out the new additions by starting a new quote and selecting "Nexa3D Lubricant Sublayer Photo-curing (LSPc)" under our plastic 3D printing menu options, or learn more about the process.
- Added "Nexa3D Lubricant Sublayer Photo-curing (LSPc)" manufacturing process to plastic 3D printing technologies
- Added sub-categories "Thermoplastic" and "Resin (Photopolymer)"
- Added 12 materials under LSPc:
- General Purpose: xABS3843 , x45, xPRO410
- Translucent / Clear: xMODEL17 Clear
- Engineering Resins: xCE, xESD (Static Dissipative) xPP405, xPEEK147
- Rubber-Like: xFLEX402 (Shore A 73), xFLEX475 (Shore A 44)
- Ceramic-Filled Composite: xCERAMIC3280
We're giving customers more flexibility with pricing and lead times thanks to a new option to choose from; Domestic Economy. This is a great choice for users who want or need to keep their products produced within the United States but are also looking for the lowest pricing when they can afford some extra time on their project. Now, you can potentially have up to four different lead-time and pricing tiers to choose from, ranging from international production to domestic expedites. Note that available lead-time options vary depending on the chosen manufacturing process.
We are pleased to announce the release of a new feature for the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®; auto-quotable parts with embedded inserts! We were excited to implement this highly requested feature, which allows users to get auto-quotes on CNC, sheet metal, and sheet cut parts embedded with standard inserts. Previously multi-body files would be flagged as an assembly which prompts a manual quotation, and the embedded inserts would need to be manually removed before uploading to get instant pricing and lead times.
Now when a user uploads such a file, they will see a prompt and follow a few simple steps that allow them to identify the part (e.g., the main part) in their file to be quoted, unlocking instant quoting once completed. This update also sets the framework that will allow us to further improve the quoting process for assemblies in the future.
- Implemented new functionality which automatically detects when multi-part files are uploaded
- Added a user prompt that allows users to specify the individual part they would like to quote on multi-part files for an instant quote
- In instances where users want to request a quote for an assembly file, they can dismiss the prompt or select "quote entire assembly" to request a manual quote review of their assembly file
- Implemented interactive 3D viewer for selecting parts within an assembly file, including functions such as "explode" allowing users to find and select specific parts easily
- Added ability for users to name selected parts of an assembly
- This functionality is available for CNC machining, sheet metal, and sheet cutting parts for this initial release
The Xometry Instant Quoting Engine® now has more selectable durometers for our rubber materials when manufacturing with our sheet-cutting process. This update gives users more hardness options and helps prevent mixups during manufacturing.
- Buna-N Rubber, Adhesive Backed Additions
- Shore A 50
- Buna-N Rubber Additions
- Shore A 40
- Shore A 50
- High temp Silicone Rubber, Adhesive-Backed Additions
- Shore A 40
- Shore A 50
- Shore A 60
- Shore A 70
- High Temp Silicone Rubber Additions
- Shore A 40
- Shore A 50
- Shore A 60
- Shore A 70
We've further expanded the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine® with more material options for our sheet-cutting service. This update adds options across various categories, including metal, composite, and rubber materials.
-Added the following metal sheet-cut materials:
- Aluminum 2024-T3 with Gauges: 0.02", 0.032", 0.04", 0.05", 0.063", 0.071", 0.08", 0.09", 0.1", 0.125", 0.19", 0.25"
- Stainless Steel 301 Annealed, Quarter Hard, and Half Hard, Full Hard with Gauges: 0.02", 0.04", 0.032", 0.05", 0.062"
-Added the following composite sheet-cut materials:
- Garolite G10/FR4, Yellow with Gauges: 0.0625", 0.125", 0.25", 0.375"
-Added the following rubber sheet-cut materials:
- Neoprene, Smooth, Black with Gauges: 0.03125", 0.0625", 0.094", 0.125", 0.188", 0.25", 0.375", 0.5"
- Includes durometers of: 30A, 40A, 50A, 60A, 70A
A small but significant change has been made to our checkout experience. When entering a new US shipping address, it will automatically show addresses that match the USPS database. Users can select their address from the matches to autocomplete their shipping address. This change will help prevent wrong addresses from being provided, such as when a typo occurs, which could lead to downstream shipment and delivery issues. Address validation is currently available for US-based addresses only.
The Xometry Instant Quoting Engine® provides instant and automatic quoting for a diverse and wide range of manufacturing processes and specifications; however, some projects have special requirements, such as custom materials, finishes, and other needs, which require a manual quotation from our quoting staff. In this update, we've worked to improve the manual quotation experience for our customers. There is now better visibility into manual quote requests. From their quoting dashboard, customers can easily see which quotes were submitted for manual review and which are ready for purchase.
Additionally, we added the ability for customers to choose from multiple pricing and lead time options for manually quoted projects right within the quote summary page. Overall we believe this update will improve the user experience, lead to more efficient transactions and help alleviate some operational and purchasing burdens for all parties regarding manually quoted projects.
- Updated customer dashboards to allow visibility into requests that have been submitted for manual review
- Added ability to list multiple price and lead time tiers on the quote summary page
- Added ability for customers to select their desired price and lead time option on the quote page
- Added functionality allowing customers to download PDF copies of each manually quoted price tier option
Pricing will now automatically quote for parts with more than one finish applied. This has been a long-requested feature that we are excited to implement! Previously, when multiple finishes were specified, quotes would require manual intervention from Xometry staff to finalize pricing. Now users can do things like call out anodizing and chem-film on the same part, and the quoted pricing will automatically update.
- Added auto-quoting functionality for parts with multiple finishes
An update was released to our backend geometry analysis which enables us to support SLDPRT files from SOLIDWORKS 2023. Customers who use SOLIDWORKS 2023 can now upload their 2023 files directly to the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine® for an instant quote.
The material menu for our sheet metal fabrication service has been expanded with an array of new options to choose from! The majority of these additions will automatically quote in the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®, allowing users to quickly get sheet metal quotes in even more materials.
-Added 16 new auto-quotable options to the sheet metal materials menu
- 1095 Spring Steel
- A653 Galvanized *
- AZ55 Galvalume *
- Aluminum 1100-H14
- Copper 110, H02
- Hot Rolled Steel 1045
- Hot Rolled Steel A569/ASTM A1011
- Nickel Alloy 200
- Nickel Alloy 400
- Stainless Steel 304 #4 brushed
- Stainless Steel 304, #8 mirror polish
- Stainless Steel 316, #4 brushed
- Steel 1018
- Steel A36
- Steel A36, pickled and oiled *
- Steel A366/1008
Materials marked with an asterisk (*) will require manual quoting when combined with a post-process finishing option.
-Added 4 new materials available for manual quoting
- Brass 260
- Titanium (Grade 2)
- Titanium 6AI-4V (Grade 5)
- Inconel 625
We have updated how powder coating is specified within the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®. After users select "Powder Coating" as a finishing option, new drop-down menus will appear, allowing them to customize the exact color and sheen. Please view the entire list of powder-coating finishes we offer in our photo gallery.
-Added drop-down menu for color selection under the powder coating finish option
-Added drop-down menu for sheen selection under the powder coating finish option
-Added an "Other" color option with a write-in field to specify unlisted paints or colors
By popular demand, we have added galvanized steel and additional stainless steel materials to our sheet-cutting materials menu. Previously these options would require a custom manual quote to accommodate, but thanks to this update, they will now all automatically quote, reducing hassle and time for users.
-Added galvanized steel options for sheet-cutting materials
- A653 Galvanized Steel
- A653 Galvanneal Steel
-Added additional stainless steel sheet-cutting materials
- Stainless Steel 304, #4 Brushed
- Stainless Steel 304, #8 Mirror Polish
- Stainless Steel 316, #4 Brushed
Built-in “Request A Quote” functionality added:
Users now have the option to upload RFQ packages directly to the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®. You can securely upload and send a quote request to our team in a few simple steps. Our direct RFQ request is excellent for buyers and procurement leads with large data packages that need to be quoted.
-Updated customer quoting dashboard UI to accommodate “Request A Quote” functionality
- The file upload section on the user’s dashboard page has been divided into two sections
- Added “Request A Quote” button to the right side of the file upload section
- Clicking “Request A Quote” triggers a new pop-up quoting modal
- Added ability to upload any file type while in the ”Request A Quote” quoting modal
- Added user experience elements to help guide users through the RFQ process
Additional CNC Plastics and Composites:
We have expanded our selection of plastic and composite materials for CNC machining. Additionally, each now has applicable color options to choose from. This will give customers greater customizability and help reduce ambiguity for suppliers.
- Added a color drop-down menu for all CNC plastic and composite materials
- Expanded color options for certain CNC plastic and composite materials
- Added new composite material options
- Garolite G10 (FR4)
- Garolite G11 (FR5)
- Acetal (Delrin) has been separated into new variant selections
- Delrin 150
- Delrin 100
- Added new plastic material options
- PEEK (USP Class VI TECAPEEK)
- PEEK GF30
- ULTEM 2300
New order summary page:
The order summary page has been revamped for an improved user experience. The changes allow customers to easily check their order history and current order statuses at a glance.
- UI has been updated to align with the website aesthetic
- Added sort-by function
- Added order status tracker column
- Added ”Next Estimated Ship Date” column
New CNC materials added:
More auto-quotable CNC materials have been added, allowing customers to quote tool steels and ULTEM 1000 quickly.
- CNC material options for tool steels have been added to the list of steel options
- Added ”Tool Steel A2”
- Added ”Tool Steel O1”
- ”ULTEM 1000” added to the list of plastic materials for CNC machining
New quick turn injection molding capability:
Our injection molding offering has been expanded with our new Quick Turn Molding service. Customers can take advantage of this service directly within the quoting engine and get injection molded parts more quickly than ever before possible.
- Menu options added to our injection molding process in the quoting engine
- Added ”Quick-Turn Prototype” to the list of tooling options
- Quick turn molding material and color options added for the ”Quick-Turn Prototype” selection
- ”Light Texture” and ”Heavy Texture” options were added under the ”Quick-Turn Prototype” finishes
New stainless steel CNC materials added:
We’ve expanded our auto-quotable stainless steel offerings for CNC machining. We also added a cost-saving option for 300 series stainless steel for customers who do not have specific grade preferences.
- ”Stainless Steel Any 300-Series” added to the list of stainless steel material options for CNC machining
- Lower cost compared to other 300 series stainless steel options
- Parts with this selection will be made from any 300-series stainless steel (e.g., SS303, SS304, SS316, etc.)
- Added 17-4PH and 15-5PH stainless steel in multiple temper options for CNC machining
- Added ”Stainless Steel 17-4PH H1150”
- Added ”Stainless Steel 17-4PH H900”
- Added ”Stainless Steel 15-5PH H1150”
- Added ”Stainless Steel 15-5PH H900”
Updates to our PolyJet 3D printing service:
To accommodate the latest generation of Stratasys PolyJet 3D printers, we added and implemented some changes to our menu options when quoting for PolyJet. These additions and changes allow customers to easily access full-color 3D printing, new PolyJet materials, and a greater range of customization options for their PolyJet prints.
- Added new PolyJet material menu options and updated existing naming conventions
- “Rigid Photopolymer” changed to “Opaque Photopolymer, Rigid”
- “Rubber-like Photopolymer” changed to “Photopolymer, Rubber-like”
- “Multi-material” changed to “Multi Material, Digital Overmold”
- Added “Translucent, Clear Photopolymer” as a material option
- Added “Multi-Color, CAD Defined” as a material option, allowing customers to easily quote and order full-color prints with compatible files (e.g., 3MF)
- Added “Digital ABS Plus” as a material option
- Hardness selections for rubber-like material have been simplified (e.g., ”Shore A 45-50” is now ”Shore A 50”)
- Added new material color options
- Cyan, magenta, and yellow are now available color choices for the ”Opaque Photopolymer, Rigid” material
- ”Other” is now available as a color option for rubber-like and rigid materials, allowing customers to define custom colors for these materials