Xometry Product Release Notes
At Xometry, we're continuously growing and developing our platform to provide the most robust custom manufacturing experience available. See what’s new with Xometry’s products and services, all in one simple-to-navigate space.
Pricing will now automatically quote for parts with more than one finish applied. This has been a long-requested feature that we are excited to implement! Previously, when multiple finishes were specified, quotes would require manual intervention from Xometry staff to finalize pricing. Now users can do things like call out anodizing and chem-film on the same part, and the quoted pricing will automatically update.
- Added auto-quoting functionality for parts with multiple finishes
An update was released to our backend geometry analysis which enables us to support SLDPRT files from SOLIDWORKS 2023. Customers who use SOLIDWORKS 2023 can now upload their 2023 files directly to the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine® for an instant quote.
The material menu for our sheet metal fabrication service has been expanded with an array of new options to choose from! The majority of these additions will automatically quote in the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®, allowing users to quickly get sheet metal quotes in even more materials.
-Added 16 new auto-quotable options to the sheet metal materials menu
- 1095 Spring Steel
- A653 Galvanized *
- AZ55 Galvalume *
- Aluminum 1100-H14
- Copper 110, H02
- Hot Rolled Steel 1045
- Hot Rolled Steel A569/ASTM A1011
- Nickel Alloy 200
- Nickel Alloy 400
- Stainless Steel 304 #4 brushed
- Stainless Steel 304, #8 mirror polish
- Stainless Steel 316, #4 brushed
- Steel 1018
- Steel A36
- Steel A36, pickled and oiled *
- Steel A366/1008
Materials marked with an asterisk (*) will require manual quoting when combined with a post-process finishing option.
-Added 4 new materials available for manual quoting
- Brass 260
- Titanium (Grade 2)
- Titanium 6AI-4V (Grade 5)
- Inconel 625
We have updated how powder coating is specified within the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®. After users select "Powder Coating" as a finishing option, new drop-down menus will appear, allowing them to customize the exact color and sheen. Please view the entire list of powder-coating finishes we offer in our photo gallery.
-Added drop-down menu for color selection under the powder coating finish option
-Added drop-down menu for sheen selection under the powder coating finish option
-Added an "Other" color option with a write-in field to specify unlisted paints or colors
By popular demand, we have added galvanized steel and additional stainless steel materials to our sheet-cutting materials menu. Previously these options would require a custom manual quote to accommodate, but thanks to this update, they will now all automatically quote, reducing hassle and time for users.
-Added galvanized steel options for sheet-cutting materials
- A653 Galvanized Steel
- A653 Galvanneal Steel
-Added additional stainless steel sheet-cutting materials
- Stainless Steel 304, #4 Brushed
- Stainless Steel 304, #8 Mirror Polish
- Stainless Steel 316, #4 Brushed
Built-in “Request A Quote” functionality added:
Users now have the option to upload RFQ packages directly to the Xometry Instant Quoting Engine®. You can securely upload and send a quote request to our team in a few simple steps. Our direct RFQ request is excellent for buyers and procurement leads with large data packages that need to be quoted.
-Updated customer quoting dashboard UI to accommodate “Request A Quote” functionality
- The file upload section on the user’s dashboard page has been divided into two sections
- Added “Request A Quote” button to the right side of the file upload section
- Clicking “Request A Quote” triggers a new pop-up quoting modal
- Added ability to upload any file type while in the ”Request A Quote” quoting modal
- Added user experience elements to help guide users through the RFQ process
Additional CNC Plastics and Composites:
We have expanded our selection of plastic and composite materials for CNC machining. Additionally, each now has applicable color options to choose from. This will give customers greater customizability and help reduce ambiguity for suppliers.
- Added a color drop-down menu for all CNC plastic and composite materials
- Expanded color options for certain CNC plastic and composite materials
- Added new composite material options
- Garolite G10 (FR4)
- Garolite G11 (FR5)
- Acetal (Delrin) has been separated into new variant selections
- Delrin 150
- Delrin 100
- Added new plastic material options
- PEEK (USP Class VI TECAPEEK)
- PEEK GF30
- ULTEM 2300
New order summary page:
The order summary page has been revamped for an improved user experience. The changes allow customers to easily check their order history and current order statuses at a glance.
- UI has been updated to align with the website aesthetic
- Added sort-by function
- Added order status tracker column
- Added ”Next Estimated Ship Date” column
New CNC materials added:
More auto-quotable CNC materials have been added, allowing customers to quote tool steels and ULTEM 1000 quickly.
- CNC material options for tool steels have been added to the list of steel options
- Added ”Tool Steel A2”
- Added ”Tool Steel O1”
- ”ULTEM 1000” added to the list of plastic materials for CNC machining
New quick turn injection molding capability:
Our injection molding offering has been expanded with our new Quick Turn Molding service. Customers can take advantage of this service directly within the quoting engine and get injection molded parts more quickly than ever before possible.
- Menu options added to our injection molding process in the quoting engine
- Added ”Quick-Turn Prototype” to the list of tooling options
- Quick turn molding material and color options added for the ”Quick-Turn Prototype” selection
- ”Light Texture” and ”Heavy Texture” options were added under the ”Quick-Turn Prototype” finishes
New stainless steel CNC materials added:
We’ve expanded our auto-quotable stainless steel offerings for CNC machining. We also added a cost-saving option for 300 series stainless steel for customers who do not have specific grade preferences.
- ”Stainless Steel Any 300-Series” added to the list of stainless steel material options for CNC machining
- Lower cost compared to other 300 series stainless steel options
- Parts with this selection will be made from any 300-series stainless steel (e.g., SS303, SS304, SS316, etc.)
- Added 17-4PH and 15-5PH stainless steel in multiple temper options for CNC machining
- Added ”Stainless Steel 17-4PH H1150”
- Added ”Stainless Steel 17-4PH H900”
- Added ”Stainless Steel 15-5PH H1150”
- Added ”Stainless Steel 15-5PH H900”
Updates to our PolyJet 3D printing service:
To accommodate the latest generation of Stratasys PolyJet 3D printers, we added and implemented some changes to our menu options when quoting for PolyJet. These additions and changes allow customers to easily access full-color 3D printing, new PolyJet materials, and a greater range of customization options for their PolyJet prints.
- Added new PolyJet material menu options and updated existing naming conventions
- “Rigid Photopolymer” changed to “Opaque Photopolymer, Rigid”
- “Rubber-like Photopolymer” changed to “Photopolymer, Rubber-like”
- “Multi-material” changed to “Multi Material, Digital Overmold”
- Added “Translucent, Clear Photopolymer” as a material option
- Added “Multi-Color, CAD Defined” as a material option, allowing customers to easily quote and order full-color prints with compatible files (e.g., 3MF)
- Added “Digital ABS Plus” as a material option
- Hardness selections for rubber-like material have been simplified (e.g., ”Shore A 45-50” is now ”Shore A 50”)
- Added new material color options
- Cyan, magenta, and yellow are now available color choices for the ”Opaque Photopolymer, Rigid” material
- ”Other” is now available as a color option for rubber-like and rigid materials, allowing customers to define custom colors for these materials