Last Updated: 11/28/16
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information about you in various ways when you use our Website and Services.
Information You Provide
We collect the information you voluntarily provide to us. For example:
- We may collect personal information from you, such as your first and last name, email address, company name, job title and password when you create an account to log in to our network (“Account”).
- When you order Services on our Website, we will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information and shipping information.
- We retain information on your behalf, such as specifications and engineering tolerances that you store using your Account.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content included in the email, in order to send you a reply.
- In certain circumstances we may request that you provide us with photocopies of your ID and other related documents for fraud prevention purposes and to verify your identity.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we will collect the information you provide.
- We may also collect personal information at other points on our Website that state that personal information is being collected.
Information Collected Via Technology
We collect certain information automatically via various technological means. We collect information via technology in the following ways:
- Log Files. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes aggregate information on the pages customers access or visit (but not on which pages individual users visit), IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), operating systems, date/time stamp and clickstream data. We use this information to analyze trends, administer the Website and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs.
- Pixel Tags. In addition, we use “Pixel Tags” (also referred to as clear Gifs, Web beacons, or Web bugs). Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier, similar in function to Cookies, that are used to track online movements of Web users. In contrast to Cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a format users can read, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to a user.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
In general, the personal information you submit to us is used either to respond to requests that you make, or to aid us in serving you better. We use your personal information in the following ways:
- Facilitate the creation of and secure your Account on our network;
- Identify you as a user in our system;
- When you create an Account, you will receive e-mail from us to verify ownership of the email address provided when your Account was created;
- We may use your e-mail address information to provide you with administrative email notifications, such as order status information and updates;
- Provide the Services you request;
- Provide improved administration of our Website and Services;
- Respond to your inquires and other requests;
- For fraud protection and/or to verify your identity; and
- Send newsletters, surveys, offers and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes of Xometry.
User Testimonials. We often receive testimonials and comments from users who have had positive experiences with our Services. We occasionally publish such content. When we publish this content, we may identify our users by their first and last name and may also indicate their home city. We obtain the user’s consent prior to posting his or her name along with the testimonial.
Creation of Anonymous Data. We may create anonymous information records from your Specifications and any personal information we collect by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We use this anonymous information to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Website and improve our Services, including our pricing algorithms. We reserve the right to use anonymous information for any purpose and disclose anonymous information to third parties at our sole discretion.
Do We Share Your Information With Any Third Parties?
- Third Party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third party service providers to: provide you with the Services that we offer you through our Website; to conduct quality assurance testing; to facilitate the creation of accounts; to provide technical support; and/or to provide other services to Xometry.
- Manufacturing Partners. In order to manufacture the parts you order via the Services, Xometry may subcontract your manufacturing project to one of our manufacturing partners. As part of this process, we may share your information with our manufacturing partners to enable them to manufacture the parts, assemblies and other items disclosed therein.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
You can correct or update your personally identifiable information by re-registering or by contacting us by e-mail at email@example.com or you can reach us by telephone at 240.252.1138.
Privacy and Third-Party Links
Online Policy Only
Questions and Feedback
Do Not Track Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which your web browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. We currently do not take action in response to these signals. If and when a standard is established, we may revise our policy on responding to these signals.