Your Charlottesville, Virginia Injection Molding Service: Plastic Prototypes and Production Parts
The Leader in Injection Molding
Xometry injection molding is a highly customized service providing on-demand prototype and production molding for Charlottesville, Virginia. We take a customer-first approach which means we find the right injection molding supplier within our manufacturing supplier network to mold the parts the way you need them—without design compromises—at the right price point. We offer expert consultation on each injection mold quote and project managers on every order to move your parts from design to production. Our team has experience across industries, including medical, automotive, aerospace, consumer goods, and more. First-time buyers receive $500 off their first mold with Xometry.
Xometry assures the quality of your parts with our ISO 9001:2015 and AS9100D certified quality management system, ITAR registration, and options to add inspections, hardware traceability, material certifications, and CoCs. We accept technical drawings and have support teams to ensure you get your injection molded parts at quality and on time.
Choose from millions of possible combinations of materials, finishes, tolerances, markings, and certifications for your order.
Easy to Use
Get your parts delivered right to your door without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping.
We are ISO 9001:2015, ISO 13485, and AS9100D certified. Only the top shops that apply to become Suppliers make it through our qualification process.
Insert molding is an injection molding process that works especially well for parts that have threaded holes. It can also help you create better wheels, pulleys, fan blades, and other similar parts. Done correctly, insert molding can help:
- Eliminate assembly: You can make parts all at once instead of having to do assembly after the fact.
- Reduce costs: Insert molding costs more than standard injection molding, but the costs are usually offset by the fact that you no longer need to do post-assembly.
- Lower the size and weight of the part: A plastic part with a metal insert is generally lighter than an all-metal part.
- Improve reliability: Metal inserts will assure the function of threads and mitigate wear and tear over the part’s life.
- Improve part strength: Because it’s a “one-shot” process, it can produce stronger parts than overmolding and other processes.
Overmolding lets you combine multiple materials into one part. One material, usually a thermoplastic elastomer (TPE/TPV), is molded onto a second material, which is often a rigid plastic. Think about your toothbrush handle where the single piece has both rigid and rubbery components. It’s a great way to make plastic parts perform and look better.
Injection Molding Services near Charlottesville, Virginia
North CarolinaVirginia Beach