Webinar: From Design to Manufacturing in Weeks: Building the Autodesk University 2022 Smart Badge
Join Xometry’s Greg Paulsen and Autodesk Fusion 360 Subject Matter Expert Peter Simpson as they walk through the development and manufacturing of a smart badge using rapid injection molding and 3D printing.
In this webinar, Greg Paulsen, Xometry’s Director of Application Engineering, will chronicle Xometry’s collaboration with Autodesk at their most recent Factory Experience. Xometry produced all the mechanical components of their smart badge design using the Xometry App for Fusion 360. This provided design feedback, material sampling, and alternatives, and ultimately the low volume production to deliver the final product, an electronic conference name badge, in a matter of weeks versus months.
Fusion 360’s multi-workspace approach was key to this product’s success: all the design and manufacturing were planned within one piece of software, from injection molding to additive and subtractive manufacturing.
- Learn the major milestones to move from design to finished product
- Demonstrate how the Xometry App for Fusion 360 can be used for quoting, technical reviews, and revision control
- Learn about Fusion 360 design capabilities and, in particular, the injection molding and integrated electronics solutions that were used in this project.
- Identify key design-for-manufacturing guidelines for plastic injection molding
- Understand the anatomy of an injection mold tool and the responsibilities of the buyer and supplier
- See how 3D printing adds value to both prototyping and low-volume production
- How Xometry’s manufacturing marketplace can bring agility to your product development lifecycle.