Five Machinist Instagram Accounts You Need to Follow in 2021
In this post, we review some of our favorite machinist Instagram accounts. If you are looking for inspiration, education, or entertainment, be sure to follow these folks.
Our engineers love checking out photos and videos from machinists on Instagram. It’s a great place to look for inspiration, check out how new machines work, and see the great stuff that other engineers and machinists are making. While there are many great machine shop accounts (you can check out the hashtag #instamachinist for more options) these are some of our favorites.
- @5th Axis: These guys highlight awesome parts made by a wide range of machine shops. They show photos of some awesome, timely stuff, like a CNC milled basketball hoop and net created to commemorate the NBA Finals.
- @BadAssMachinists: Heavy on video content, this account highlights the beauty of the manufacturing processes we all know and love. Each CNC machining video is its own epic, with the machine as the hero. Arguably the most mesmerizing and addictive account of the bunch.
- @daveprecise: Dave takes cool photos of machines and shops, both old and new. He also writes his photo descriptions as haikus, adding a bit of poetry to the otherwise technical world of machining.
- @Robinrenzetti: Robin’s account is highly technical, providing robust, useful information in addition to visually appealing photos. His posts are longer than those of all of the other accounts listed here. If you are looking to learn more about the craft of machining, Robin is a must-follow.
- @Abom79: Adam takes you through what he’s working on with entertaining descriptions and solid photo and video content. Recently, he has also shared photos of machine shop and grinding books and old machines. He also operates a highly-regarded YouTube channel.