7 Key Benefits of AS9100
AS9100 certification offers many benefits including increased customer satisfaction and improved company image. Learn more about the benefits here.
There are many benefits to obtaining AS9100 certification, especially for manufacturing shops. AS9100 is a quality management system that is specifically designed for the aerospace industry. It establishes requirements for quality management and provides a framework for continual improvement. AS9100 certification can help improve your shop's efficiency and competitiveness, and can also be required by some customers and suppliers. Many aerospace suppliers require AS9100 certification as a condition of doing business. As a result, AS9100 certification can help you expand your customer base and supplier options. In this article, we'll discuss seven key benefits of AS9100 certification.
AS9100 is a series of standards for quality management in the aerospace industry. The standards are developed and maintained by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). The certification is voluntary, but many aerospace suppliers require AS9100 certification as a condition of doing business. AS9100-certified shops are perceived as being more reliable and trustworthy.
AS9100 certification is not required by law. However, for effective participation and transaction of business in the aviation space, many aerospace suppliers require AS9100 certification. This means that if your shop wants to do business with these suppliers, you will need to be certified. During the AS9100 certification process, an independent auditor will assess your shop's compliance with the AS9100 standards. Once your shop is certified, you will need to maintain your certification by meeting the AS9100 requirements on an ongoing basis.
There is an exhaustive list of all the benefits of AS9100 certification. However, the seven benefits listed below should give you a good idea of how AS9100 certification can help your shop:
- Improved Efficiency and Competitiveness: The AS9100 quality management system provides a framework for continual improvement. By continually improving your shop's processes, you can reduce waste, increase efficiency, and improve quality. Successful certification to the standard can also help you identify opportunities for cost savings.
- Access to New Customers and Suppliers: AS9100 certification can attract new customers and encourage business with new suppliers. By meeting AS9100 standards, companies are able to access customers and suppliers who are not just looking for the best product – but also seeking confidence in its excellence. This equates to a significant advantage in both maintaining existing relationships and marketing one’s products and services to new stakeholders. Moreover, by consistently following these industry-winning standards, companies can gain increased customer loyalty as well as decreased operational costs.
- Improved Communication and Documentation: The AS9100 quality management system requires the establishment of quality objectives and documented procedures. This requirement can help ensure that everyone in your shop is aware of the shop's quality objectives and knows how to meet them. Certification can also help improve the clarity and accuracy of your shop's documentation.
- Better Decision-making: The AS9100 quality management system requires the use of data and objective evidence to make decisions. This can help your shop make better-informed decisions that are based on facts, rather than emotion or guesswork.
- Improved Customer Satisfaction: The AS9100 quality management system requires close monitoring of customer satisfaction levels by doing customer surveys and measuring how satisfied your client is with the products and service they received. This information can help you identify areas in which your shop needs to improve its processes or products. AS9100 certification can also help you develop and implement plans to improve customer satisfaction.
- Improved Company Image: AS9100 certification can help improve your shop's image and reputation. Certified shops are perceived as being more reliable and trustworthy. This can help you win new customers and keep existing ones. AS9100 certification can also help you attract and retain top talent.
AS9100 is a widely adopted quality management standard for the aerospace industry. The certification can help your organization to improve quality and safety, and to compete for business in the global marketplace. Implementing the standard can be a complex undertaking, but there are a few key steps that can help to ensure a successful transition:
- Understand the requirements of AS9100. The AS9100 standard is made up of a series of requirements that must be met to be certified. Be sure to thoroughly review the standard and understand what is required for compliance.
- Create a quality management system (QMS) that meets the requirements of AS9100. Once you have a thorough understanding of the AS9100 requirements, you can begin to develop a QMS that will meet those requirements. This may involve developing new policies and procedures, or modifying existing ones.
- Train your employees on the AS9100 requirements and your QMS. Once your QMS is in place, it is important to train your employees on how to comply with the AS9100 requirements. This will ensure that everyone understands what is expected of them and can work together to meet the standard.
- Get registered with a certification body. To become AS9100 certified, you will need to register with a certification body. This body will assess your QMS to ensure that it meets the AS9100 requirements.
- Maintain your AS9100 certification. Once you have achieved AS9100 certification, it is important to maintain your certification by regularly auditing your QMS and making necessary changes. This will ensure that you continue to meet the AS9100 requirements and can maintain your competitive advantage.
Implementing AS9100 can be a complex and challenging process, but following these steps can help to ensure a successful transition. AS9100 certification can bring many benefits to your organization, so it is worth the effort to achieve and maintain compliance.