Design Guide: Sheet Metal Fabrication
We've compiled our best design tips into this guide to help you understand the sheet metal fabrication process, important design considerations for optimizing your parts for manufacturing, and information about Xometry's sheet metal services.
Download the Guide
Optimizing custom part designs for sheet metal fabrication requires careful consideration of various factors. These include material inputs, general tolerancing, finishes, bend dimension and radii, inserts, welding, and more.
- 6 Sheet Stock Sizes and Gauge Lookup Chart
- Quoting Formats: 3D CAD and DXF Files
- General Design Tips
- Wall Thickness
- Curls and Countersinks
- Relief Cuts and Corner Fillets
- Notches and Tabs
- Finishes & Post-processes for Sheet Metal
- Installing Insert and Fastners
- Welding, Riveting, and Assemblies
- Resources at Xometry