Custom Aerospace Injection Molding With Xometry
Xometry's injection molding service has decades of experience making plastic parts used in aerospace applications. Our strength is in saying "yes" - we help our customers make parts that others can't make. Aerospace companies large and small have found value in our highly customized services including:
- Thorough design for manufacturing (DFM) review of the part design including a tool design review of key elements: parting line, ejector pin, and gate
- FAIR Production Reporting
- QMS Certification for AS 9100
- Small and large project support
- Global material selection - ENGR grade material selections with carbon fiber fillers.
- Rapid Prototype Tooling, Bridge Tooling available
- Urethane casting and 3d printing services are also available for testing and prototyping
- Multiple Process Support (overmolding, assembly, custom inserts, heat stake inserts, custom finishes, ultrasonic welding, EMI/RFI shielding)
- Material test samples
- Optimized process development (scientific molding)
- Mold flow generation and review
- Tight tolerance achievements for specific characteristics
- US domestic and overseas options available
- Post-mold machining operations leveraging our CNC partner network
We also help you navigate the complexities of the injection molding process. Our skilled team of engineers:
- Understands your end-use (prototype, saleable, low to high volume) and helps identify the right manufacturing solution
- Guides you through multiple tool trials, including managing design iterations
For your free quote and design-for-manufacturability feedback, please upload your CAD file, or download our Injection Molding Design Guide. We want to earn your business. If you get a lower injection molding quote, send it to us and we will try to beat it.
Xometry's Injection Molding Services
Custom Plastic Injection Molding Service
Insert Molding Service
Liquid Silicone Rubber Molding
Gas Assist Injection Molding
ITAR Injection Molding
Large Part Injection Molding Service
Nylon Injection Molding Service
Mold Class Glossary
Class 105 tool
Prototype only. This mold will be constructed in the least expensive manner possible to produce a very limited quantity of prototype parts. Also known as a Class V tool.
A one-and-done market test of 100 molded units.
Class 104 tool
Low production mold. Use only for limited production preferably with non-abrasive materials. Low to moderate price range. Also known as a Class IV tool.
Aluminum or MUD tooling, SPI B-3 finish, hand-loaded cores and limited re-runs.
Class 103 tool
Medium production mold. This is a very popular mold for low to medium production needs. Most common price range. Also known as a Class III tool.
Aluminum or steel tooling, automated lifts or slides, multiple re-runs with batches between 1,000-5,000 units.
Class 102 tool
Medium to high production, good for abrasive materials and/or parts requiring close tolerance. This is a high quality, fairly high priced mold. Also known as a Class II tool.
Steel tooling with an SPI A-2 finish, automated slides, scheduled production cycles.
Class 101 tool
Built for extremely high production. This is the highest-priced mold and is made with only the highest quality materials. Also known as a Class I tool.
Multiple-cavity steel tooling with full automation and overnight production workcenters for dedicated part manufacturing.
The injection molding industry often defines molds by their class. This goes from Class 105, a prototype mold (e.g., a 100 piece one-and-done market test), to Class 101, which is built for extremely high production (e.g., making tens-of-millions contact lens cases). Xometry typically produces Class 104, 103, and 102 tools.
Moldmaker's choice of finish. Typically SPI B-3 to D-3 depending on geometry and drafts. Interior, non-cosmetic faces, are typically as-machined.
Range of finishes including matte, swirls, lines, and patterns. Finishes include: MoldTech - MT11010 MoldTech - MT11020 MoldTech - MT11030 MoldTech - MT112XX MoldTech - MT114XX MoldTech - MT116XX
Range of finishes from Grade 3 diamond / high polish to 320 stone low polish. Finishes include: SPI A-1 SPI A-2 SPI A-3 SPI B-1 SPI B-2 SPI B-3 SPI C-1 SPI C-2 SPI C-3 SPI D-1
No secondary polishing or grinding. Part will show tooling marks.
Xometry can match other mold textures upon request.
Ready to get started on your custom aerospace injection molding quote?
Aerospace Injection Molding Applications
Using low-cost tooling allows molded parts to be produced very rapidly and cost-effectively--even when compared to 3D printing
Molding is best known for producing production parts in the many thousands or even millions.
Why Choose Xometry for Aerospace Injection Molding?
Choose from millions of possible combinations of materials, finishes, injection molding tolerances, markings, and certifications for your order.
Easy to Use
Get your parts delivered right to your door without the hassle of sourcing, project management, logistics, or shipping.
We are ISO 9001:2015 certified and AS9100D compliant. Only the top machine shops that apply to become suppliers make it through our qualification process.